Date: November, 2021
Reporting to: Vice President of Portfolio Management – Kellen West
AgIS is an employee-owned investment firm investing in farmland and related operating companies. Based in Boston, the firm currently manages in excess of a billion dollars for institutional investors. The principals of AgIS Capital have decades of experience and have completed billions of dollars of agricultural transactions over the last three decades. Please see agiscapital.com for more details on the organization.
Kellen West works closely with AgIS Capital clients and the AgIS Capital acquisition and operation teams to build investment portfolios. Kellen is responsible for asset allocations to various client portfolios, deal documentation, the investment committee approval process and corporate functions such as IT oversight. AgIS is seeking to add an Investment Analyst to assist Kellen’s efforts. The candidate for this full-time position will ideally be located in Boston, but will be occasionally be required to travel throughout the United States. The position will work with the AgIS Capital staff as well as external parties.
- Investment Analysis: The Analyst will work closely with the team to complete transaction underwriting including investment modeling and research.
- Investment Memo Preparation: The Analyst will be responsible to prepare investment memos and at times, present transactions to a committee.
- Portfolio Analysis: The Analyst will work closely with the Vice President of Portfolio Management on various portfolio projects and provide support on various client requests.
- Property Performance Analysis: The Analyst will, from time to time, work with the Operations team to perform property level analytics.
- Other Projects: The Analyst will be required to complete other ad hoc projects and support important corporate functions as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: Four year degree in a finance or related field from a major university
- Work Experience: Two to five years’ work experience in business preferred, but not required
- Investment Modeling: Strong understanding of Microsoft Office tools with ability to build, refine and maintain investment models
- Detail and Organized: Manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time while meeting the needs of various constituents
- Analytics: Critical thinking and perceptive, including performing analytic assessments of new and existing investments
- Problem Solver: Ability to solve problems and improve the process as an individual or as a team member
- Leadership and Communication: Effectively coordinate communication and information sharing with multiple parties including internal and external parties
- Relationships: Ability to interact and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Travel: Periodic travel to all major US farming regions
- Passion: Enthusiasm to join a small, growing company
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Kellen West at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AgIS offers competitive compensation and benefits package, a team oriented environment and a loft-like open work space.
AgIS is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to employ, train, promote and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age veteran or marital status.